Two Days, Four Countries – In a Car: Part 2 of 2
On the second day of the road trip, Day 9 of our raw vegan health reboot:
- Drove too long. Roadworks + traffic jams + big accidents on motorway = additional 4 hours to our drive.
- Faint. Hungry. No food all day. Driving. 2pm. Desperate.
Now for the What Ifs:
If we had been more focused on the Health Reboot challenge, than on keeping the expenses and duration of our road trip low, we think we could possibly have:
- Made frequent stops at hotels for long periods of rest
- Stopped much more frequently to rest
- Bought fresh greens at every stop
But this wasn’t possible on our budget, or in our time frame. Instead of spending lots of time and money to rest in hotels, we camped overnight in a big tent, which involved a lot more energy in putting up and taking down, and trying to keep warm while sleeping outdoors. We had just 2 days to cross Switzerland, Germany and Denmark to reach Sweden, so we drove for up to 6 hour stretches at a time, and couldn’t take the frequent rests we needed while raw vegan juicing. We were in a car without air conditioning in the summer, so we couldn’t bring lots of fresh greens with us.
Please do share with us if you managed to do a raw vegan juicing health reboot on the road, without the additional expenditure of money and time!